Earn $2,800+ this summer. Temporary seasonal employment, June 11 to August 5, 2023.
The Phillips Scout Reservation COPE/Climbing Director has the responsibility for ensuring that the programs of the COPE & Climbing Program Area are conducted in a safe manner, with an emphasis on teaching methods which engage youth as they participate in COPE/Climbing programs. The Director will accomplish this by working with Instructors to develop a program which meets these needs.
The COPE/Climbing Director gives leadership to the COPE & Climbing program/staff to complete these tasks:
- Develop program which provides for completion or partial completion of Climbing Merit Badge
- Work with Program Director and Reservation Director to ensure that maximum usage of the low & high COPE courses and Climbing Tower is achieved
- Oversee other programs such as COPE, Leader’s Climb, Leader’s COPE, Open Climb, Open COPE.
- Direct the set‑up and take‑down of the program area
- Provide maintenance, inventory, security, safety, and wise use of all equipment
- Maintain strict discipline at all times when campers, leaders, and other staff are in the area
- Represent the COPE/Climbing department at all leader’s roundtables, and department head meetings
- Submit a complete inventory of all COPE & Climbing equipment, including condition and recommendations for next year’s supplies
- Adjust program accordingly over the course of the season to provide for continued improvement and excellence each week
- Complete any other duties/tasks as assigned by Camp leadership
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org