Responsibilities of the Aquatics Director:
The Aquatics Director is responsible to the Program Director for the safe and effective instruction and management of the Aquatics areas of camp.
The Aquatics Director must exercise mature, sound judgment and possess a high degree of personal integrity.
Patience and a desire to work with male and female youth of Scout age are essential for the execution of the position.
- Experience working with youth and teaching swimming and lifeguarding skills.
- Physical ability, proficiency, training and experience sufficient to meet the needs of camp aquatics operations.
- Experience training and managing aquatics staff is preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and become a registered adult member of BSA
- Must be able to attend National Camp School Aquatics Training and obtain certification.
- Have a minimum of current Lifeguard and CPR/First Aid certification.
The Aquatics Director is further responsible for:
- Setting up, maintaining, and supervising swimming & boating areas, and meeting or exceeding applicable BSA standards.
- Manage aquatics staff, schedule and all aquatic activity and advancement.
- Proper operation and general maintenance of waterfront and all equipment.
- Chief counselor for the aquatics advancements responsible to certify and submit all records.
- Enforcing strict adherence to all established safety regulations.
- Training of the members of the Aquatics Staff.
Dates of employment June 8 through August 8, 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org