Position: Food Service Manager – Camp Phillips
Overview: Camp Phillips is a 1,400 acre Scout camp that serves boys and girls in
grades 1-12 located in rural Rice Lake, WI. Camp Phillips provides world-class
facilities and experiences for youth in many areas including aquatics, boating, crafts,
nature, outdoor skills, ropes course and shooting sports. Campers and staff members come from across the Midwest to attend Camp Phillips’ summer programs.
Position Summary: The Food Service Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading camp’s food service operation and staff. Camp Phillips serves meals daily to youth, adult leaders and staff. Our visitors have come to expect high-quality, nutritious meals.
Dates of employment are May 30 through August 8th, 2024.
The Food Service Manager is responsible for-
· Planning menu for 2024 season, under the guidance of a licensed dietitian
· Creating alternative menu options for guests and staff members with special dietary needs
· Ordering food from multiple vendors
· Maintaining inventory of food and chemical supplies
· Operating within allocated budget for food service
· Supervising and motivating all dining hall and kitchen staff
· Maintaining cleanliness of kitchen and dining hall
· Providing excellent customer service to our guests
· Creating schedule to ensure staff coverage for weekly meal schedule
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older, be eligible for membership in the Boy Scouts of America, have previous food service experience, and must complete Serv Safe Training prior to the first date of employment. Food service managers will be required to take additional training in youth safety and awareness prior to starting.
The nature of the position requires standing, and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
Internships are available along with real-world food service industry experience. Our previous Food Service Managers in the past 15 years have used this experience to excel in their careers and have gone on to become: restaurant managers, food service managers at hospitals, schools & large churches, banquet hall managers, and executive chefs.
Working at camp will put you in touch with our vast alumni who can connect you with opportunities in any career field.
Contact: Eric Muench if interested. Eric.Muench@scouting.org or 715-598-9299
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org