VARIOUS COUNSELOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE – Standard Program, Aquatics, Shooting Sports, Climbing, Zip Line, Horses etc. Pay rates posted on our website under the official job posting.
Basic job description:
Help develop and deliver a quality and meaningful program in a variety of subjects such as Nature, Hollywood, Handicraft, Scoutcraft, STEM, EagleBound etc. Instruct campers in topics in which proficient. Assist in the execution of camp-wide activities and programs. Serve as a campsite host.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help develop lesson plans that follow merit badges, awards, and trainings for a variety of merit badges.
• Instruct campers in merit badges, awards and trainings in which proficient.
• Help maintain advancement reports and other paperwork and ensure completeness and submit on time.
• Assist in the proper use, safety, security, storage and maintenance of area facilities and equipment/supplies. Assist with area/department day-to-day operations.
• Help maintain the cleanliness of the program area and immediate surrounding area.
• Check in regularly with assigned campsite and ensure needs are met. Help resolve issues or bring issues to the attention of Directors or Senior Management. Ensure the campsite latrine is stocked fully (paper towels, toilet paper, soap). Work with leaders and Scouts to maintain a clean campsite. Inspect the campsite at check in and check out.
• Supervise campers during classes, meals, flag ceremonies, camp-wide activities and other times.
• Assist with meal service including setup, serving and clean-up.
• Participate in camp-wide activities.
• Assist in the set up and take down of all camp facilities. Assist with the cleaning of all camp areas including restrooms and showers.
• Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIRED TRAINING
• Youth Protection (Online Prior to Camp)
• More training may be required as determined by Camp Management
REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
• Must be able to read, speak and write the English language
• Must be able to work outdoors at an elevation of 7,000+ feet above sea level in varying weather conditions
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the work site at assigned days and times in an area without public transportation or ride-share service.
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• Must be able to pass a background check from the TRAILS database, CBI and the FBI
• Must be able to become a member of the Boy Scouts of America
To apply for this job please visit scoutingcolorado.org.