EXPLORE THE OUTDOORS
Spend this summer at Camp Scouthaven!
Come Work with Us
We’re looking to hire those ready for a summer of adventure. Staff members take on the challenge of using the outdoors as a classroom to show scouts the promise of scouting.
Real Job Experience
Camp jobs cultivate Communication Skills, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Interpersonal & Leadership Skills, Collaborative Skills, and Creativity.
Camp Scouthaven is a Summer Camp located in Freedom, NY. The camp is operated by the Boy Scouts of America. Staff Members work with youth aged 6 to 17, as well as adult leaders and parents. The season runs roughly 6/25 to 8/20 with multiple short breaks throughout. Specific days off may be arranged if necessary. Employees will be expected to live on-site in provided housing, unless able to commute within a reasonable distance.
We are recruiting applicants for our kitchen staff including a Head Cook (21+), Assistant Cooks (18+), and Kitchen Aids (15+). Ideal for school cafeteria workers. Culinary students are also encouraged to apply.
The kitchen staff is responsible for executing three meals per day when camp is in session. The season runs roughly 6/25 to 8/20 with multiple short breaks throughout. Specific days off may be arranged if necessary.
Head Cook Responsibilities:
● Monitor the quality and quantity of all food served
● Assist Camp Director or designee in placing food orders
● Complete weekly budget estimates, milk usage reports, and other reports
● Oversee serving lines and pack out meals
● Ensure refrigeration temperature charts are up to date
● Maintain budget and inventory control
● Work with the program director(s) to order and prep food for camp special programs
● Oversee the care, maintenance, safety, and security of the kitchen and dining hall
● Supervise and train all staff assigned to the kitchen and dining functions
● Ensure that all dietary requests are prepared appropriately and served safely
● Maintain an accurate inventory of food and sundry supplies
● Ensure that all meals are ready on time
● Ensure compliance with all BSA and New York State rules and regulations
● Maintain ServSafe Certification (will provide)
● Check-in orders, ensure that inventory is properly rotated and dated
● Submit a written closing report
● Perform all other duties as assigned by the Camp Director
Physical Activities / Mental Demands
Talking, hearing, confidentiality, reading, problem-solving, reasoning, math, verbal
communication, written communication, customer contact, driving, carrying, kneeling, heavy lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping, walking, typing
COVID-19 considerations: All camp staff is required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job please visit adobe.ly.