Grow your office management skills and spend your summer at camp, yes please! Come join our team as a Business Manager. Assist the Camp Director in managing the accounting, payroll, purchasing, and guest services sides of the camp operation. In this position, you directly help manage the business sides of the camp, while interacting with guests before, during, and after their stay.
- Manage and track weekly bank deposits. Coordinate with the Trading Post Director to ensure Trading Post closeout procedures are being followed.
- Track petty cash expenses – ensure balance at seasons end
- Receive invoices, track in Camp Ledger, record what the purchase was for, and submit invoice to council office for payment.
- Track expenses, invoice, and take payment from reservations.
- Payroll / Human Resources
- Working with the Camp Director to maintain staff onboarding – ensure employment paperwork and NCAP training are completed.
- Assist camp leadership with payroll submission and tracking.
- Maintain product/material usage document, with what items were used, for what, and costs.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of camp equipment and supplies Facilitate the purchase of requisitioned items by ordering online or driving into town to purchase and distributing to program areas. (Camp will provide a means of transportation into town)
- Guest Services
- Make weekly calls to upcoming reservations, confirming their numbers and any other needs.
- Work with Non-Scouting groups to make purchases for their programs.
- Assist Guests with making future reservations
- Monthly calls to Packs promoting the Early Registration Program.
- Distribute and collect the Camper Feedback forms and record the responses.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Effective Time Management Skills – ability to work independently and hold self-accountable to meeting deadlines
- Strong Organization Skills
- Effective Troubleshooting
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with Office 365 Suite
- Experience in accounting, payroll, purchasing, and customer service, preferred but not required
- Experience with Scouts or other youth organizations is preferred, though not required
- Experience working with diverse populations is desired
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.