Overview: The Kitchen Manager is responsible for providing quality food while managing the other kitchen staff.
- Preferred Education and Certification: High school diploma or equivalent required, technical college education preferred. ServSafe Manager® certification is required. We will pay for training.
- 21 years of age (at the start of summer camp season)
- Work experience: Food Service Experience, with previous management of kitchen staff preferred. Knowledge of Scouting is helpful but not required.
- Work schedule: Requires working six days per week, with one day off mid-week (the day off is usually Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday). Requires being on-site daily from 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM, with an afternoon break. Must be dependable.
- Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to get along with staff, youth campers, volunteers and vendors, and maintain a friendly and helpful attitude. Must be able to be a team leader, build relationships and communicate effectively to provide good customer service. Must be able to work independently as well as cooperatively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Confidentiality: Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of all information dealing with staff, youth, volunteers, vendors, and council.
- Technology: Must have a working knowledge of computers necessary to run the food service operation. Employees may be trained in custom software as needed.
- Managing the Kitchen Staff Including.
- Hiring kitchen staff
- Training staff
- Scheduling staff
- Staff supervision
- Coordinate Menu Planning and certification through the Reinhardt dietician. An adequate quantity of food shall be available to all campers and staff. Enough food should be available to feed healthy appetites for elementary-age campers and adults in an outdoor environment.
- Ordering food weekly, the frequency may fluctuate.
- Track usage and expenditures of food and commissary supplies
- Responsible for the preparation of camp food. Ensure that meals are in accordance with good health standards and are appetizing to the campers. Responsible for ensuring that foods are hot when delivered to campers.
- Actively pursue feedback on all aspects of the food service operation
- Adhere to all BSA and governmental policies, regulations, and standards.
- Sanitation in the kitchen is a must at all times. Prior to departure each day, the kitchen must be completely clean and free of garbage.
- Responsible for the proper storage of all food products. Responsible for making sure that Hot/Cold charts are filled out three times daily. All dry products will be stored in a rodent-free environment. Food needs to be kept in its proper place – dairy products in the dairy cooler, raw meats on the lowest shelves or separate racks, etc.
- Assist with all other responsibilities as directed by the Camp Director.
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.