- Preferred Education and certification: High school diploma or equivalent required, technical college education preferred. ServSafe® certification is preferred.
- 18 years of age (at start of summer camp season)
- Work experience: Food service experience. Knowledge of Scouting is helpful but not required.
- Work location: Must be able to live at camp or near camp (30654 32nd Way, Cannon Falls, MN 55009) and commute for the season if you decline; room and board are provided. Housing accommodations will be provided within walking distance of the kitchen. If the employee chooses to reside offsite, a private area will be available for breaks.
- Work schedule: Requires working six days per week, with one day off mid-week (the day off is usually Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday). Requires being on site daily from 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM, with an afternoon break. Must be dependable.
- Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to get along with staff, youth campers, volunteers and vendors, and maintain a friendly and helpful attitude. Must be able to be a team leader, build relationships and communicate effectively to provide good customer service. Must be able to work independently as well as cooperatively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Confidentiality: Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all information dealing with staff, youth, volunteers, vendors, and council.
- Technology: Must have a working knowledge of computers necessary to run the food service operation. Employee may be trained in custom software as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation of camp meals. Ensure they are in accordance with health standards and are appetizing to the campers. Responsible for making sure that foods are hot when delivered to campers.
- Assist in the preparation of all meals.
- An adequate quantity of food shall be available to all campers and staff. Enough food should be available to feed healthy appetites for elementary age campers and adults in an outdoor environment.
- Assist in inventory tracking of food and supplies.
- Adhere to all BSA and governmental policies, regulations, and standards.
- Sanitation in the kitchen must always be adhered to . Prior to departure each day, the kitchen must be completely clean and free of garbage.
- Responsible for the proper storage of all food products. Responsible for making sure that Hot/Cold charts are filled out three times daily. All dry products will be stored in a rodent-free environment. Ensure food is kept in its proper place – dairy products in dairy cooler, raw meats on lowest shelves or separate racks, etc
- Assist with all other responsibilities as directed by the Food Service Director.
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.