Oversees the safe and fun operation of the climbing program at an artificial climbing wall. The program includes group climbs, open climbing sessions, and climbing skills training. Supervises other staff when they support the climbing programs. Training is provided before camp to familiarize staff with programs and procedures. Must be 21`+ to hold this position at camp.
The job may be tailored as an internship if you need it; it is your responsibility to determine if academic credit is available within your academic department and degree program.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Strong communication skills are required
Experience working directly with youth in the classroom, outdoor recreation sites, summer sites, summer youth camp, or other youth programs preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations between the ages of 5 to 18 is desired
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
As A Camp Northern Star staff member, you will gain:
- Free room and board for the summer
- Competitive salary
- Strong experience sought by employers
- Unique teaching and learning opportunities daily
- Memories and friendships to last a lifetime
- The chance to make a difference in a life
- Personal growth and self-confidence
- Unlimited fun!
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.