For a Full List of Jobs and Job Descriptions please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Positions in Food Service are:
Dining Hall Assistant Manager
Dining Hall Manager
Dining Hall Staff
Kitchen Assistant Manager
Pack-Out Assistant Manager
Position: Dinning Hall Staff:
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Dining Hall Staff provide a quality dining experience to Philmont Scout Ranch participants and staff members in
assisting in the operation of the Philmont Dining Hall.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Keep the food service lines and dining areas clean and orderly.
• Maintain any beverage machines and other food service stations in the dining area.
• Lead guests in the Philmont Grace when the dining halls open for each meal.
• Remove all garbage from the dining areas.
• Operate the food service serving lines.
• Alert the Dining Hall Manager of any concerns related to menu, serving lines, sanitation, and safety.
• Wash the trays, cups, bowls, and silverware used in the Philmont dining hall facilities.
• Insure that only authorized guests are admitted into dining areas.
• Assist with the serving of special meals, coffee breaks, and other food serving needs outside the dining
• Follow safety and sanitation guidelines according to the Environmental Department.
• Wear food service staff uniforms as required and maintain a clean and neat appearance while on duty. When
off duty wear the uniform prescribed in the Philmont Staff Guidebook.
• Carry out the prescribed policies and procedures of the Philmont Scout Ranch as outlined in the Staff
Guidebook and during staff training.
• Assist with other staff responsibilities as directed by the Dining Hall Management, Food Service Director to
ensure that the mission of the Philmont Scout Ranch is carried out.
• Participate in Philmont Scout Ranch activities when available.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, using hands and appliances, stooping,
kneeling, or crouching
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org