For a Full List of Jobs and Job Descriptions please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Positions in Housekeeping:
Position: Housekeeping Staff
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Under the direction of the Lead Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisor perform the tasks of this position as
assigned to provide the best clean, efficient, and good appearing facilities. The duties and services performed shall be
in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Philmont operations. The seasonal housekeepers are employed
to allow for a complete and regular daily program of housekeeping that covers PTC Office, Administration Office, CHQ
Office and Villa, as well as duplexes, conference rooms, bathrooms at dining halls, laundry, Infirmary, trading post,
fitness room, medics living quarters, including cleaning their rooms when changeover of medics occur.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Thoroughly clean and re-supply bedding, towels, and other supplies in the Philmont Scout Ranch housing
where assigned in a timely fashion after departure of guests.
• Thoroughly clean the assigned buildings daily.
• Walls and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
• Clean entrances and exits when needed.
• Change light bulbs when needed.
• Maintain and operate the laundry machines to maintain the need inventory of cleaning items to be used in
the cleaning of facilities.
• Maintain an adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and paper products.
• Assist the other Housekeepers when assigned by the Lead Housekeeper and/or Housekeeping Supervisor• Report any incident of theft, damage, or repair needs to the Lead Housekeeper and/or Housekeeping
Supervisor. Insure that items left in housing units or buildings are turned into the appropriate person.
Maintain a visual inventory of furnishings and other items.
• Be aware and supportive of other department functions and responsibilities.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 50 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• Exposure to potentially hazardous materials which requires following basic safety precautions
• Exposure to extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, and/or unpleasant odors
Desired Qualifications & Experience
• Ability to work as a part of a team and adapt to different situations to accommodate the needs of Philmont
and needs of guests at Philmont.
• Willingness to learn.
• Must have a great attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Capability of working assigned hours/shift with 15-minute breaks in the morning and afternoon
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org