For a Full List of Jobs and Job Descriptions please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Positions in Maintenance:
Cabin Restoration Project Coordinator*
Cabin Restoration Foreman*
Cabin Restoration Staff*
Motor Pool Maintenance Staff
Position: Maintenance Staff:
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Perform routine preventative maintenance and repairs to Philmont structures, mechanical equipment and utility
systems. The objective is to become effective members of the maintenance team, keeping public buildings and
facilities in the Base Camp area fully operational.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, or possessing a practical mechanical aptitude are a plus but
• Possess the ability to perform basic household type repairs.
• Assist in maintenance of scheduled facility operations
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
• Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
• Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical skills in all units of measure
• Ability to interpret basic drawings and schematics.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to carry out detailed instructions.
• Possess above average problem-solving skills
• Understand that wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is a mandatory requirement when there is a
potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles, loud noise, chemicals, adverse weather conditions,
electrical equipment and/or vibration.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Must be physically fit and able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
• Must be comfortable in working in hot or humid conditions and high places
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org