For a Full List of Jobs and Job Descriptions in Security please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Lost & Found Clerk
Position: Security Specialist
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Under the general direction of the Security Manager, perform the functions required in maintaining security services
of the Camping Headquarters and Training Center designed for protection of people and property in keeping with the
aims, ideals, and policies of the Boy Scouts of America.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate fully in staff training and learn in detail the areas of Camping Headquarters and Training Center,
including facilities and their use, and staff living areas.
• Cooperate with staff members from other services that may, from time to time, be assigned to assist in
security functions. Supervise where necessary.
• Demonstrates respect and courtesy to other Philmont staff members and all participants.
• Approach all observed violations in a mature, thorough, and firm manner being mindful of the spirit of
service to others. Report violations to the Security Manager or, in that person’s absence, directly to the
appropriate authority and assist in the follow-up as necessary.
• Assist in maintaining the Lost & Found system according to established procedures.
• Assist in maintaining the locker storage system and issuance of keys.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience
• Must be 21 years of age by time of employment
• Must be able to secure a Philmont driving permit.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to function well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org