For a Full list of Positions in Commissary please go to https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Backcountry Commissary Clerk*
Backcountry Commissary Manager*
Commissary Assistant Manager*
Commissary Office Assistant
Commissary Truck Driver*
Commissary Warehouse Clerk*
Meat Market Specialist
Position: Commissary Clerk
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Philmont is looking for someone to take a hands-on operations role at its fast paced food distribution center, the Gold Nugget Commissary. The Commissary Clerk will be responsible for all distribution to and from the commissary – the central location of food deliveries and production at Philmont. This person is a creative problem-solver with a background in distribution/logistics, ready to plug into a highly motivated team of dedicated Scouters.
This is a rare chance to join a well-orchestrated team that prides itself on literally delivering the experience at the best Scouting Facility in the world!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Seeing that the optimal customer service experience is achieved by ensuring excellent commissary
appearance, maintaining high standards of organization and assisting customers with knowledge, empathy
• Be directly responsible to and report to the Commissary Assistant Manager.
• Be responsible for cleanliness/organization of the commissary and see that all state, federal and local laws as
well as Boy Scouts of America rules pertaining to Health, Sanitation, and Safety are adhered to.
• Greet commissary customers when they arrive at the commissary in person, by phone or by radio. Determine
their needs and service those needs as soon as possible.
• Be an integral part of the packing, picking, assembling and delivery teams.
• Take ownership of commissary orders to all facilities.
• Own and develop assembly processes. Work with the Inventory Specialist to ensure proper allocation of
items in the inventory system, Inflow.
• Be responsible for notifying Inventory Specialist of low inventory items so that the orders may be placed.
• Submit a completed Philmont Health and Medical Form, meet the Height/Weight Requirements for
backcountry participation, and be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds.
• Accept with willingness any other job assignment given by Food Service Management to assure a successful
operation at Philmont
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to function well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
• Supply chain/distribution/retail experience suggested
• Must be Certified Food Handler. You will be given a code to cover the cost of the class once you’ve been
hired. http://newmexico.foodhandlerclasses.com Click on the link to begin the training.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com