For a Full List and Description of Grounds Positions please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Position: Grounds Staff
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Grounds staff mows and trims grass, trees, performs maintenance on sprinkler systems and various other landscape projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in grounds maintenance with scheduled grounds operations
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists.
• Respond to emergency grounds maintenance requests as required.
• Maintain records of scheduled ground maintenance procedures.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical skills in all units of measure
• Ability to interpret basic drawings and schematics.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to carry out detailed instructions.
• Possess above average problem-solving skills
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment
• Prior mowing and trimming experience a plus. We can train in the safe usage of equipment and procedures
• Applicant needs to have good communication skills.
• Must be able to obtain a Philmont Drivers Permit
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Must be physically fit and able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
• Must be comfortable in working in hot or humid conditions and high places
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• Be able to work outside for 8 hours a day
• Must wear appropriate protective gear as need to perform job.
• Must wear a helmet while operating a 4-wheeler, UTV’s, or any other off road vehicle.
• Wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is a mandatory requirement when there is a potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles, loud noise, chemicals, adverse weather conditions, electrical equipment and/or vibration.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com