For a Description of all Mail Room Positions please go to https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Mail Room Manager
Mail Room Staff
Position: Mail Room Staff
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
The Mail Room Clerk is responsible for the efficient operation and management (including prompt delivery of all mail) of the Camping Headquarters Mail Room in conjunction with the United States Postal System through the Postmaster in Cimarron, NM. The objective is to provide an efficient postal service for campers, advisors, and staff, complying with US Postal regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Mail Room Manager, become familiar with Postal regulations and procedures and
learn all facets of the Mail Room operation.
• Help to clean and prepare the Mail Room area for operation.
• Be prepared to begin operating the Mail Room on the date specified.
• Cooperate and work with your fellow Mail Room staff and other helpers assigned to the Mail Room to
provide a smooth working system for delivering and sending mail.
• Maintain a clean, efficient Mail Room.
• Operate an efficient Mail Room according to US Postal regulations and Philmont standards.
• Receive, sort and promptly distribute all mail according to planned procedures.
• Promptly forward or return all unclaimed mail and packages.
• Sell stamps and answer postal inquiries.
• Be accountable for all money and stamps handled in the Mail Room.
• Assist with other staff responsibilities as assigned to insure that the mission of Philmont Scout Ranch is
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to fuction well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
• Supply chain/distribution/retail experience suggested
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting or crouching
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com