For Descriptions of Positions in MPS Please go to https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Position: Graphic Designer
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
The Graphic Designer is responsible for cheerfully and willingly serving as a member Marketing & Photography Service team, whose objective is to serve the staff, campers and advisors who come to Philmont. You will work closely with photographers and writers to produce professional print materials, web campaigns and Social Media posts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, TikTok & Instagram.
• Resourcefully gather answers and respond to social media inquiries.
• Use Philmont archive and photography staff to obtain marketing photos for all projects.
• Learn to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to complete graphic assignments.
• Use the internet to continuously improve technical understanding of all job duties.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to fuction well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
• Knowledge of graphic design highly suggested
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
Send inquiries to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org