For a Full List and Description of Outfitting Services Positions please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Outfitting Services Manager
Outfitting Services Assistant Manager
Outfitting Services Staff
Position: Outfitting Services Staff
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
The Outfitting Services Staff is responsible for assisting with the distribution, upkeep, inventory, and return of trek equipment, trail food, rental backpacks, and fuel distribution. This position helps prepare crews for the trail through exceptional customer service and the ability to multitask in a high energy work environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Become knowledgeable of the Philmont camping method and Philmont-issued equipment.
• Learn all facets of the Outfitting Services (food distribution, equipment, packs and gas) operation so you can
appropriately assist participants and staff.
• Help to clean and prepare the entire Outfitting Services area for daily operation.
• Help maintain a clean, orderly, and friendly Outfitting Services facility.
• Assist crews in cleaning tents and dining flys once they return off the trail.
• Select and fit backpacks to participants and staff.
• Help maintain records and collect fees for rented/damaged/lost gear.
• Assist crews in refilling white gas and selecting canister fuel.
• Provide exceptional customer service to participants and staff alike.
• Cooperate and work with fellow Outfitting Services staff and other staff to smoothly process crews through
all facets of the Outfitting Services operation.
• Keep the Manager of Outfitting Services informed of your whereabouts.
• Assist with other staff responsibilities as assigned to insure that the mission of the Philmont Scout Ranch is
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to fuction well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
• Supply chain/distribution/retail experience suggested
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching
Send inquiries to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org