For Descriptions for all Training Center (PTC) Department positions please go to https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
PTC COPE Assistant Director*
PTC COPE Director*
PTC COPE Staff*
PTC Craft Center Assistant Manager
PTC Craft Center Manager
PTC Craft Center Staff
PTC Daycare Specialist
PTC Hospitality Assistant Manager
PTC Hospitality Manager
PTC Hospitality Staff
PTC Outdoor Guide*
PTC Outdoor Guide Trainer*
PTC Pony Wrangler*
PTC Program Assistant Director*
PTC Program Counselor*
PTC Program Counselor Trainer*
PTC Program Director*
PTC Registration Manager
PTC Registration Staff
PTC Shooting Sports Director*
PTC Shooting Sports Staff*
PTC Small Fry Director*
PTC Small Fry Staff
PTC Special Projects Coordinator
PTC Tent City Manager
PTC Youth Counselor
PTC Youth Counselor Trainer
Rayado Ridge Camp Director*
Rayado Ridge Assistant Camp Director*
Position: Philmont Training Center Youth Counselor
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
Lead Conference Youth program groups to ensure high-quality programs, activities, and experiences.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• In working with a partner provide a high-quality program to Conference Youth participants. Participants ages range from infant to teenager within the Conference Youth program.
• Guide and supervise Family Adventure Camp adventure activities, providing hiking and activity knowledge for groups that may include up to 30 people.
• Provide additional evening programs such as opening/closing program, cobbler night, western night, etc.
• Provide the leadership, example, and inspiration for the Conference Youth program or Family Adventure
Camp activity that is assigned.
• Pay close attention to health, safety, welfare, attitude, and morale of all participants. Take immediate action
to solve problems. Enforce the policies and guidelines outlined in the Staff & Participant Guidebooks.
• Assist with other staff responsibilities as directed by the Associate Director of Program – PTC or other
Philmont Management to ensure that the mission of the Philmont Training Center is carried out.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
communicate with customers, peers, and management.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to function well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
• Must complete assigned New Mexico Food Handler Safety Course prior to arrival; instructions for course
completion will be sent in your staff packet
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 50 pounds throughout the scheduled workday.
• Up to 90% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Be able to work outside for 8-12 hours a day.
• Be capable and willing to work in all types of weather conditions at various locations.
• Ability to move on uneven terrain.
For more information, call the Philmont Training Center at 575-376-2281 or send inquiries to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com