For a list of descriptions of each position in Welcome Center please go to: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/jobs/jobdescriptions/
Welcome Center Manager
Welcome Center Assistant Manager
Welcome Center Staff
Welcome Center Volunteer
Position: Welcome Center Staff
• Must be at least 18 years of age by start of employment (21+ requirement, if applicable, will be noted below)
• Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America at the start of employment and subscribe to
the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and Declaration of Religious Principles
• Must provide a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record to the Infirmary upon arrival
including review of risk advisory and immunization requirements
• Must maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and be willing to purchase required uniform parts to meet
Philmont’s uniform policy
• Must participate in designated staff training
• Must adhere to the policies and programs set forth by Philmont Scout Ranch management
The Welcome Center Staff is responsible for the operation of the Welcome Center where all participants of individual and crew treks arrive, depart for the trail, and leave for home as well as the trailbound and homebound tent cities where they reside.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greet and welcome all participants and visitors as they arrive at Philmont and bid groups farewell as they
• Operate the Welcome Center in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Assist in the upkeep of the Advisors Lounge building. Make certain that advisors feel welcome in the lounge
and at Philmont.
• Assist with the regular cleaning, sanitation, and upkeep of showerhouses and other participant-facing
• Provide exceptional customer service to staff and participants alike.
• Utilize the Philmont Roster & Arrival Gateway for crew tracking.
• Maintain a presence at the Welcome Center by greeting as many Trailbound and Homebound crews every
day as possible. Visit with crews leaving for home to thank them for coming, wish them a safe trip home and
invite them to come back soon.
• Maintain an up-to-date chart of tent assignments for all crews in Trailbound and Homebound Tent City.
• Phone arrival information to the Ranger Office, Seasonal Registration, and Logistics to verify the number of
advisors and campers with each contingent.
• Supervise the parking of vehicles so traffic can flow smoothly and safely.
• Ensure the Welcome Center office, pavilion, and restrooms as well as the Advisors Lounge are clean.
• Assist with the safe loading of buses for starting camps and town so they can maintain their schedules.
• Distribute information on check-out procedures to all departing crews.
• See that all crews leave their tent area clean.
• Complete other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or ranch management as required
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age by time of employment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for help when needed
• Ability to function well in a high-pace and at times stressful environment
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Be able to lift and handle materials up to 70 pounds throughout the scheduled workday
• Up to 75% of the workday could be spent standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting, or crouching
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com