Camp Rockefeller Summer Camp, located north of the bustling streets of Downtown Little Rock, is seeking a highly motivated, spirited, dedicated, and safety-conscious C.O.P.E. & Climbing Director for 6 weeks this Summer. Camp Rockefeller Summer Camp, which is a part of the Gus Blass Scout Reservation is home to a 50 ft Climbing Tower and Rappel, as well as a newly upgraded low and high C.O.P.E. Course.
· Directly responsible to the Program Director.
· Follow and maintain the policies of the Quapaw Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, and local, state, and federal laws.
· Attend all Area Directors meetings.
· Responsible for precisely following the National guidelines for COPE and Climbing to ensure safety.
· Keeps the equipment storage area neat and clean with a usage log for each piece of equipment. Logs updated daily.
· Responsible for keeping a daily log of all COPE & Climbing participants.
· Responsible for thoroughly training and managing his/her COPE & Climbing staff.
· Responsible for teaching COPE Program and Climbing Merit Badge. Complete and provide all merit badge documentation as scheduled by the Program Director. Prepare fun, intriguing, hands on curriculum/lesson plans for your various class sessions and while instructing, conduct the session in a professional and well-mannered atmosphere. Report any issues to the area director or Program Director immediately.
· Accurately takes daily attendance and records merit badge items completed, turning in sheets daily to the office manager.
· Using a written checklist, performs a visual check of the facilities and equipment including hardware and anchor points before each session.
· Responsible for ordering all necessary supplies from the Program Director in a timely manner.
· Submits a detailed report on the COPE & Climbing Section prior to leaving camp, which includes a complete, accurate inventory and evaluation of all COPE & Climbing staff members, along with suggestions for improving next year’s program.
· Certified in standard or advance first aid (or equivalent).
· Participates in camp wide events, including flag assemblies.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Program Director and Camp Director.
· Promote and maintain a positive and fun safety conscious attitude in all aspects of our camp atmosphere and ensure that all staff work cohere as an indivisible team in order to successfully accomplish the mission and vision of Camp Rockefeller Summer Camp, Quapaw Area Council, Boy Scouts of America.
· Practice all SOP guidelines for individual area management, injuries, and other camp emergencies, and maintain NCAP Standards
Area Directors report for Camp beginning May 31st, 2023, and Summer Camp concludes July 10th, 2023, after clean-up. Negotiable Salary Structure available.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com