We are recruiting applicants for our kitchen staff including a Head Cook (21+), Assistant Cooks (18+), Ideal for school cafeteria workers. Culinary students are also encouraged to apply.
The kitchen staff is responsible for executing three meals per day when camp is in session. The season runs roughly 6/11 to 7/15 with one night off during the week and also off Saturday morning thru Sunday Lunch. Specific days off may be arranged if necessary.
Head Cook Responsibilities:
● Monitor the quality and quantity of all food served
● Assist Camp Director in reviewing and placing food orders
● Complete weekly budget estimates, milk usage reports, and other reports
● Oversee serving lines
● Ensure refrigeration temperature charts are up to date
● Work with the camp director and program director(s) to order and prep food for camp special programs
● Oversee the care, maintenance, safety, and security of the kitchen and dining hall
● Supervise and train all staff assigned to the kitchen and dining functions
● Ensure that all dietary requests are prepared appropriately and served safely
● Maintain an accurate inventory of food and sundry supplies
● Ensure that all meals are ready on time
● Ensure compliance with all BSA and Indiana State rules and regulations
● Maintain ServSafe Certification.
● Check-in orders, ensure that inventory is properly rotated and dated
● Submit a written closing report
● Perform all other duties as assigned by the Camp Director
Physical Activities / Mental Demands
problem-solving, reasoning, math, verbal communication, written communication, customer contact, carrying, kneeling, heavy lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping, walking, typing.
Assistant Cook will be responsible to help the head cook with the above requirements. The assistant cook will also be responsible for provisioning and monitoring the salad bar before and during meals.
To apply for this job please visit sagamorebsa.org.