Camp Buck Run hires Range Directors to manage the shooting sports program of the camp. Buck Run offers BB/Slingshot and Archery at two different ranges throughout the course of a program week. These individuals are responsible for maintaining the safety standards of the BSA while working with campers to shoot during their scheduled program time.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be registered or become registered with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Applicants must be able to attend staff training sessions as directed by the Camp Director.
- Applicants must hold current certifications or be able to become certified in Youth Protection and Weather Hazards Training
- Applicants must hold current certifications or be able to become certified in Cub Scout BB, Archery, or Slingshot safety.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and adhering to all guidelines set forth by BSA through the National Camp Standards.
- Agrees to be certified in their respective range prior to the arrival of campers.
- Maintains control of the ranges while they are active.
- Ensures that all scouts are keeping vigilant while using the ranges.
- Relays all range rules and practices to participants prior to shooting for the first time in camp.
- Develops a lesson plan for any lesson taught that is not solely comprised of target shooting.
- Ensures that all information relayed is accurate and up to date.
- Continuously works to improve and preserve safety before, during, and after class instructions.
- The Range Directors will work directly with the Camp/Program Director, meeting regularly to accomplish needed tasks and responsibilities.
- Shall meeting with their supervisor regularly to accomplish needed tasks and responsibilities.
- Will set the example with their personal conduct, using the Scout Oath and Law as their guide, and by wearing a proper and complete Scout Uniform.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org