Our aquatics program at Camp Powhatan serves our Scouting youth for 5 weeks of Scouts BSA summer camp with high-quality merit badge instruction and safe open waterfront activities. The Aquatics Director is responsible for ensuring the safe and appropriate operation of all daily waterfront instruction and activities.
The Aquatics Director reports to the Camp Powhatan Program Director.
- Assist in staff training
- Manage a staff of 4-7 qualified aquatics instructors
- Oversee appropriate merit badge instruction
- Maintain a safe environment for Scouts
- Uphold all related National Camp Accreditation Standards
- Communicate with unit leaders about Scout progress
- Maintain and supervise all waterfront facilities and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Camp Powhatan will operate summer camp for the following weeks in 2024:
Week 1: June 16-22
Week 2: June 23-29
Week 3: June 30-July 6
Week 4: July 7-13
Week 5: July 14-20
The Aquatics Director will be required to assume responsibilities beginning on June 3 for staff training and development.
- Pay based on experience starting at $350/week
- On-site housing provided
- Meals provided
- One night off per week, 24-hour weekend release
- 21 years or older
- BSA CPR and First Aid certification
- Current BSA National Camping School Aquatics Director certification
- BSA Lifeguard certification
- Experience with youth aquatic instruction
- Sufficient physical ability
Any questions or concerns about the position can be directed to:
Bethany Brownfield, Reservation Program Director
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.