The health lodge at Camp Powhatan serves our Scouting youth for 5 weeks of Scouts BSA summer camp with high-quality medical care services and merit badge instruction. The Camp Health Officer is responsible for ensuring the safe and appropriate operation of all daily medical administration and instruction.
The Camp Health Officer reports to the Camp Powhatan Camp Director.
- Assist in staff medical training
- Manage a staff of 2-3 qualified associate health officers
- Deliver safe and effective medical care
- Oversee appropriate merit badge instruction
- Maintain proper documentation of health and safety practices
- Uphold all related National Camp Accreditation Standards
- Coordinate with local emergency services to plan emergency response
- Maintain and supervise health lodge facilities and equipment
- Maintain stock of first aid supplies throughout camp areas
- Forward patients to local clinics and emergency rooms as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Camp Powhatan will operate summer camp for the following weeks in 2024:
Week 1: June 16-22
Week 2: June 23-29
Week 3: June 30-July 6
Week 4: July 7-13
Week 5: July 14-20
The Camp Health Officer will be required to assume responsibilities beginning on June 3 for staff training and development.
- Pay based on experience starting at $400/week
- On-site housing provided
- Meals provided
- One night off per week, 24-hour weekend release
- 21 years or older (preference given to those over 25)
- BSA CPR/First Aid certification
- Complete BSA Health Officer’s Training Course
- Be one of the following: licensed physician, nurse practitioner, nurse, physician’s assistant, paramedic, emergency medical technician, emergency medical responder
- Sufficient physical ability
Any questions or concerns about the position can be directed to:
Bethany Brownfield, Reservation Program Director
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.