The dining hall at Camp Powhatan serves our Scouting youth for 5 weeks of Scouts BSA summer camp with high-quality food service. The Dining Hall Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe and appropriate operation of the Camp Powhatan dining hall. We work with an outside contracted company to prepare, assemble, and serve food to campers in our dining hall.
The Dining Hall Manager reports to the Camp Powhatan Camp Director.
- Participate in staff training
- Manage a staff of 2-4 dining hall stewards
- Oversee safe and organized food service and kitchen maintenance
- Uphold all related National Camp Accreditation Standards
- Communicate with food service company to coordinate effective service
- Address the food health needs of campers as they arise
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain the cleanliness of all dining hall equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Camp Powhatan will operate summer camp for the following weeks in 2024:
Week 1: June 16-22
Week 2: June 23-29
Week 3: June 30-July 6
Week 4: July 7-13
Week 5: July 14-20
The Dining Hall Manager will be required to assume responsibilities beginning on June 9 (possibly earlier) for staff training and development.
- Pay based on experience starting at $300/week
- On-site housing provided
- Meals provided
- One night off per week, 24-hour weekend release
- 18 years or older
- Current Serv Safe certificate
- BSA CPR/First Aid certification
- Experience working in food service
- Sufficient physical ability
Any questions or concerns about the position can be directed to:
Bethany Brownfield, Reservation Program Director
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.