Our New River Adventure program serves our Scouting youth for 5 weeks of Scouts BSA summer camp with a wide range of thrilling aquatic and land-based high adventure activities such as whitewater rafting, caving, rock climbing, and COPE. The New River Adventure Director is responsible for ensuring the safe and appropriate operation of all high adventure activities in the New River Adventure program.
The New River Adventure Director reports to the High Adventure Director.
- Assist in staff training
- Manage a staff of 6-10 qualified adventure guides and instructors
- Coordinate program-related travel and scheduling
- Oversee appropriate activity instruction
- Maintain a safe environment for Scouts
- Uphold all related National Camp Accreditation Standards
- Communicate with unit leaders about Scout progress
- Maintain and supervise NRA facilities and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
New River Adventure will operate for the following weeks in 2024:
Week 1: June 16-22
Week 2: June 23-29
Week 3: June 30-July 6
Week 4: July 7-13
Week 5: July 14-20
The New River Adventure Director will be required to assume responsibilities beginning on June 3 for staff training and development.
- Pay based on experience starting at $450/week
- On-site housing provided
- Meals provided
- One night off per week, 24-hour weekend release
- 21 years or older
- Valid drivers license
- Must have BSA CPR/First Aid certification
- Must have a current BSA National Camping School Climbing OR COPE Director certification
- Experience working with youth in any type of high adventure instruction
- Sufficient physical ability
Any questions or concerns about the position can be directed to:
Bethany Brownfield, Reservation Program Director
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.