Our New River Adventure program serves our Scouting youth for 5 weeks of Scouts BSA summer camp with a wide range of thrilling aquatic and land-based high adventure activities such as whitewater rafting, caving, rock climbing, and COPE. New River Adventure instructors are responsible for contributing to the safe and appropriate operation of all high adventure activities in the New River Adventure program.
New River Adventure instructors report to the New River Adventure Director.
- Participate in training across multiple high adventure disciplines
- Oversee and guide Scout participation in high adventure activities
- Maintain a safe environment for Scouts
- Uphold all related National Camp Accreditation Standards
- Communicate with participants about expectations
- Maintain NRA facilities and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
New River Adventure will operate for the following weeks in 2024:
Week 1: June 16-22
Week 2: June 23-29
Week 3: June 30-July 6
Week 4: July 7-13
Week 5: July 14-20
New River Adventure instructors will be required to assume responsibilities beginning on June 9 for staff training and development.
- Pay based on experience starting at $250/week
- On-site housing provided
- Meals provided
- One night off per week, 24-hour weekend release
- 18 years or older
- Must have BSA CPR/First Aid certification
- Some instructors must have a BSA National Camping School certification or other relevant certifications
- Experience working with youth in any type of instruction
- Sufficient physical ability
Any questions or concerns about the position can be directed to:
Bethany Brownfield, Reservation Program Director
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.