The Shooting Sports Director is responsible for the safe operation of the Shooting Sports program at Camp Mountain Run. He/she must possess sound, mature judgment and personal integrity. The Director must possess a strong commitment to working with youth of Boy Scout age. Finally, the Shooting Sports Director must be 21 and comply with NCAP Standards.
The successful applicant must possess current NRA instructors Certification and current National Camping School – Shooting Sports Certification. These are required by National. We will pay for full or partial training if you are not already trained.
- Maintain a safe environment (including First Aid kits, signage, safety tape, etc.)
- Supervise and maintain safe .22 caliber rifle, archery, shotgun and black powder ranges. This includes supervising the Archery Instructor and any other Range Assistants or CITs.
- Provide instruction in Shooting Sport Merit Badges.
- Plan and organize open range time and potential shooting competitions.
- Conduct regular maintenance and safety checks of all firearms and equipment, including trigger pulls and routine cleaning. Keep a log of this information.
- Maintain an active inventory of equipment, as well as reporting inadequacies, etc.
- Prepare an end-of-season report, including future recommendations.
- All other duties as assigned by Program Director and Camp Director.
SALARY is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Scouts BSA Week #1 (June 25-July 1)
- Scouts BSA Week #2 (July 2-July 8)
- Scouts BSA Week #3 (July 9-July 15)
- Scouts BSA Week #4 (July 16-July 22)
- Cub Scout Resident Camp (July 27-July 31)
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.