Located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, Camp Hi-Sierra is home to 6 weeks of Scouts BSA resident (overnight) summer camp serving youth ages 11 – 18. Camp Hi-Sierra’s mission is to provide exceptional outdoor program opportunities, unique experiences not found elsewhere, and a culture and environment that make every Scout feel supported, challenged, and engaged. In doing so, will attract the very best camp staff and organize world class programs that always exceed our customer’s expectations.
Instructors are responsible to their Area Director for the instruction of merit badge lessons in accordance with the policies and standards of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) and Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council (SVMBC).
- Under the supervision of your Area Director, run program area activities in an exciting and passionate manner. At a Scouts BSA camp, this may include Merit Badges, rank advancement requirements, special activities, or overnight camp-outs.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of lesson and activity plans for all activities that are assigned. Lesson and activity plans should be easy to comprehend and cover any necessary requirements.
- Maintain accurate attendance and requirement records for Merit Badges and other relevant programs and provide these records to the Area Director.
- Maintain strict discipline at all times when campers, leaders, and other staff are in the area.
Assist in the proper care, storage, and maintenance of all program and camp equipment.
- Inform the Area Director of any program supply needs.
- Assist in the set-up and take-down of all program areas and campsite facilities.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, act as Troop Guide for a unit. Help introduce them to camp, answer questions, and be a liaison between the unit and the commissioners throughout their week to help them have a successful week in their campsite.
- Exemplify the Scout Oath and Law. Support Boy Scouts of America (BSA) policies and the Aims and Methods of Scouting. Strive to provide a program that is exciting, dynamic and appealing to today’s youth; that meets the needs of the youth and the units attending camp; and that is fun and safe.
Support and participate in area and camp wide programs, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Director, Program Director, or Camp Director.
June 15 – August 3rd
Instructors report to the Area Director, and will work collaboratively with individuals and groups including, but not limited to, the camp administration, food service and kitchen staff, Camp Staff, scout volunteers, and parents.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
Must be able to register as a member of the BSA and submit to a background check. Must complete all Youth Protection Training courses and adhere to incident reporting guidelines. Must complete all required trainings as determined by
The employee will be paid a seasonal salary starting at $560.00 per week for the duration of the summer season.
How to apply: Apply online at https://camphi-sierra.org/chs/how-to-join-staff/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org