Position: Food Service Director/Head Cook – Camp Parson, Chief Seattle Council
Overview: Camp Parsons is a 400 acre Scout camp that serves boys and girls in
ages 11-17 located in rural Brinnon, WA on the Olympic Peninsula. Camp Parsons provides world-class experiences for youth in many areas including aquatics, boating, crafts, nature, outdoor skills, climbing and shooting sports. Campers and staff members come from across the country to attend Camp Parsons summer programs. Founded in 1919 Camp Parsons is among the oldest Scout Camps in the Country and has been continually operating on our original site since our founding, this summer we celebrate our 105th Anniversary. Each summer we serve over 2,500 guests during our summer season.
Position Summary: The Food Service Director is responsible for overseeing and leading the camp’s food service operation and staff. Camp Parsons serves meals daily to youth, adult leaders, and staff. Our visitors have come to expect high-quality, nutritious meals.
Dates of employment are June 1 through September 18, 2024. (Can be flexible on End Date)
The Food Service Director is responsible for-
· Planning menu for 2024 season, under the guidance of a licensed dietitian
· Creating alternative menu options for guests and staff members with special dietary needs
· Ordering food from vendors
· Maintaining inventory of food and chemical supplies
· Operating within allocated budget for food service
· Supervising and motivating all dining hall and kitchen staff
· Maintaining cleanliness of kitchen and dining hall
· Providing excellent customer service to our guests
· Creating schedule to ensure staff coverage for weekly meal schedule
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older, be eligible for membership in the Boy Scouts of America, have previous food service experience, and must complete Serv Safe Training prior to the first date of employment (paid for by council). Food service director will be required to take additional training in youth safety and awareness prior to starting.
The nature of the position requires standing, and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
Pay and Benefits:
· Salary Range: $100 per day – $142.85 per day (7 Day work week)
· Onsite Housing with Private Bedroom with shared common spaces during duration of employment
· Internships are available along with real-world food service industry experience.
· Working at camp will put you in touch with our vast alumni who can connect you with opportunities in any career field.
Contact: Josh Cunningham if interested. email@example.com or 360-796-4427
To apply for this job please visit seattlebsa.org.