Located on the outskirts of Manchester, New Hampshire, Camp Carpenter is a 250-acre wooded property that is the Daniel Webster Council’s Cub Scout Summer Camp and home of Granite Base Camp.
Operated by Daniel Webster Council, Camp Carpenter is a top-notch program center located in Manchester, New Hampshire. The adventure awaits you with many types of activities, including archery, art and crafts, BB gun shooting sports, field sports, nature, Scout skills, and many other themed activities. When visiting Camp Carpenter, you will want to be sure to check out Fort Friendship, Pirates Cove, and the American Indian Village. Camp Carpenter is where Scouting begins!
Arrow of Light Scouts can participate in this unique opportunity. We designed this program to give these scouts an extraordinary adventure during their final year at Camp Carpenter before moving to Scouts BSA. This program is a day-long program, and these scouts will not be with the pack during their scheduled day at Trailblazers. However, the activities will prepare them for Scouts BSA, and the program’s memories will carry them into Scouts BSA.
Activities include rappelling, outdoor cooking, action archery, team games, scoutcraft, and more!
To further the camp’s mission through planning and delivering program activities and
events. Design and deliver program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Assist in overall camp operations at the direction of the program director.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be, or become, a registered member of the BSA.
- Hold, or be able to receive, current certification in Adult and Pediatric First Aid/ CPR/ AED, or equivalent.
- Hold, or receive current Climbing certification from National Camping School before the camping season.
- Experience in supervisory roles at similar camps is preferred.
- Experience in developing and delivering programs and activities for similar populations is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and evaluate program instructors to develop and implement programs at the
- Supervise and evaluate program area staff to develop and implement program area
- Ensure camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
during camp programs.
- Deliver a fun program to campers.
- Assist in managing and caring for the physical facilities and equipment in assigned
- Implement schedules and records for assigned program and facilities areas.
- Train and oversee counselors-in-training at assigned program areas.
- Submit orders for program supplies and equipment promptly.
- Producing a closing report at the end of the season, including (a) a summary of all program
area activities and schedules and (b) long-term and short-term recommendations.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.