About the job: Under the direction of the Shooting Sports Director the Archery Instructor is responsible to oversee camper safety at the archery range and assist in maintaining the archery range.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises activities at the archery range and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warns participants of improper activities or danger and enforces archery range rules and water safety policies.
- Administers first aid in the event of injury.
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates shooting sports emergency action plan as required.
- Inspects archery range, and equipment, to ensure that they are safe and usable.
- Maintains equipment and first aid inventory.
- Ensures that first aid supplies are maintained, and that equipment is in good order and placed properly at the start of each shift.
- Fill out required check lists.
- Attends scheduled Archery Instructor training and meetings.
- Teaches archery Merit Badge class
- Other archery range projects as assigned.
The Archery Instructor will register with the Boy Scouts of America and agree to promote the mission of the Boy Scouts of America and the Great Southwest Council. The camp’s emergency operations plan outlines the relationship between the camp health officer and the Archery Instructor for emergency management and care.
- If not already proficient in archery must become proficient during Archery Instructor training.
- Must be attentive and able to give directions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs
- Previous Archery experience preferred but not required.
- 18 years or older.
Physical Aspects of the Position:
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to archery range users.
- Ability to observe Scout behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org