To further the mission of Gorham Scout Ranch through the development and management of program, human resource, financial, marketing, and strategic operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, deliver, and evaluate camp program that meets the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
- Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth.
- Seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
- Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
- Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
- Oversee the financial management of the camp’s operation.
- Implement human resource management practices to recruit and retain seasonal staff.
- Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate seasonal staff.
- Manage property development and maintenance needs to ensure stewardship of current resources and identification of future needs.
- Conduct annual assessment of property and maintenance needs.
- Oversee the daily operation of the summer resident camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
- Oversee the management of the food service area through supervision of Food Service Manager and review of food service program.
- Secure sufficient coverage in health care staff and their implementation of the health care plan.
- Develop and oversee the business management functions of the camp including financial record keeping, office operations, Trading Post, etc.
- Oversee the systematic approach to data base management for campers, families, alumni, and donors.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to ensure the enhancement of the camp operation.
The Camp Director will register with the Boy Scouts of America and agree to promote the mission of the Boy Scouts of America and the Great Southwest Council.
Proficient in computer skills and related word processing, data management, and Internet computer software. Knowledge of some maintenance, office, and kitchen equipment as well as a valid driver’s license.
Qualifications: (Minimum Education and Experience)
- At least21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid certificate of training from the Resident Camp Director section the BSA’s National Camping School.
- Must complete BSA Camp Director Understanding and Preventing Youth-on-Youth Abuse Training.
- Prior administrative or management experience in a resident camp setting.
- Familiarity with “Scouting” (Boy or Girl Scouts) desirable but not required.
- The Camp Director must live at camp during the resident camp season.
- This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information; comprehend instructions and manuals, and physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org