The Program Specialist will perform a variety of tasks in a summer camp setting including merit badge instruction, recreation activities, arts and crafts, sports, games, campfire performances, camping, and hobbies.
- Oversees the daily operations of assigned program facilities.
- Plans and leads activities such as merit badge instruction, arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Enforces camp rules and regulations and ensures safety at program facilities.
- Performs first aid following prescribed procedures and contacts emergency medical personnel when required by the situation.
- Demonstrates use of program equipment and teaches participants the principles, techniques, and safety procedures for each activity.
- Greets new arrivals and introduces them to other campers; explains camp and facility rules.
- Reports camper complaints to leadership and works to resolve issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and enforce the camp’s safety and operating rules.
- Must attend staff meetings and orientation during the summer season.
Education and Experience:
- At least 15 years of age
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
- Must be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, pass reference checks and background screenings, which include fingerprint check and sex offender registry check.
- Must be able to swim and pass a swim test.
- Able to participate in games, sports, and physical activities including water-based games and activities.
- Able to maintain attention and high level of energy or excitement for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to spend majority the of time outdoors and tolerate a variety of weather conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com