Aquatics Instructors must have some prior swimming knowledge/ skill. Lifeguard training will be provided during staff training week. Camp Cedars has a lakefront and a pool.
We are hiring several Aquatics Instructors for a week-long Scouts, BSA Resident Camp as well as a weekend-long Cub Scout Camp at the same location. Interested staff may choose to work one or both programs.
• Serve as an instructor for aquatics merit badges (swimming, lifesaving, rowing, canoeing, kayaking) and other activities as assigned (SUP, snorkeling, instructional swim, mile swim, open swim, etc.). Cub Scouts participate in general swimming, boating, and fishing activities.
• Properly maintain facility and equipment used for delivery of program.
• Be a coach and counselor to each Scout and work to develop the respective outdoor skills.
• Maintain appropriate records on a daily basis as described by Area Director to meet Boy Scouts of America camping standards and to fulfill needs for council use.
• Be familiar with the requirements, techniques and information required to deliver quality program.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director, Lake Front Director, Program Director, or Camp Director.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org