Ensure quality program in the Nature area to include classes like Fishing, Archaeology, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Sustainability, and more . This individual must be at least 18 years old, and either hold a current, or be willing to obtain, a BSA National Camp School certificate, or have equivalent experience. All training will be provided if necessary.
• Provide complete and well executed staff training to all assigned staff members. Ensure that adequate lesson plans are available for classes.
• Develop the nature program area and maintain the area for the summer.
• Responsible for the condition, maintenance, storage, and inventory of all nature program equipment.
• Deliver fun and age-appropriate program to campers and provide a variety of evening activities.
• Responsible for preparing, managing, and submitting up-to-date program records. All records must be correct, neat, legible, and uniform and inputted in the online registration system.
• Recognize and develop the strengths of individual staff members. Be a coach and mentor for each assigned camp staff by developing teaching techniques.
• Supervise staff and ensure that staff duties are carried out as necessary. Evaluate each staff member under his/her supervision after staff week, at midsummer and at the end of the season.
• Prepare a written report at the end of camp with recommendations for future improvements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Camp Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com