The Outdoor Skills director will ensure quality program in the Outdoor Skills area which includes classes such as Cooking, Camping, Hiking, Backpacking, Wilderness Survival, etc. This individual must be at least 18 years old, and either hold a current, or be willing to obtain, a BSA National Camp School certification. All training will be provided if needed.
• Provide complete and well executed staff training to all assigned staff members. Ensure that adequate lesson plans are available for classes.
• Ensure that adequate supervision is present for the weekly Camping and Wilderness Survival merit badge overnight trips.
• Responsible for the condition, maintenance, storage, and inventory of all outdoor skills program equipment.
• Deliver fun and age-appropriate program to campers and provide a variety of evening activities.
• Responsible for preparing, managing, and submitting up-to-date program records. All records must be correct, neat, legible, and uniform and inputted in the online registration system.
• Recognize and develop the strengths of individual staff members. Be a coach and mentor for each assigned camp staff by developing teaching techniques.
• Supervise staff and ensure that staff duties are carried out as necessary. Evaluate each staff member under his/her supervision after staff week, at midsummer and at the end of the season.
• Prepare a written report at the end of camp with recommendations for future improvements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Camp Director.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com