We are hiring for two STEM Directors (week-long Scouts, BSA Resident Camp and a weekend-long Cub Scout Camp at the same location. Both positions may be filled by one person if interested).
Ensure quality program in the STEM area to include classes for Scouts, BSA in Engineering, Exploration, Space Exploration, Radio, etc. and general STEM exploration topics for Cub Scouts.
• Provide complete and well executed staff training to all assigned staff members. Ensure that adequate lesson plans are available for classes.
• Develop the STEM program area and maintain the area for the summer.
• Responsible for the condition, maintenance, storage, and inventory of all STEM program equipment.
• Deliver fun and age-appropriate program to campers and provide a variety of evening activities.
• Be familiar with the requirements, needs, techniques and information required to deliver quality program throughout the program area.
• Responsible for preparing, managing, and submitting up-to-date program records. All records must be correct, neat, legible, and uniform and inputted in the online registration system.
• Recognize and develop the strengths of individual staff members. Be a coach and mentor for each assigned camp staff by developing teaching techniques.
• Supervise staff and ensure that staff duties are carried out as necessary. Evaluate each staff member under his/her supervision after staff week, at midsummer and at the end of the season.
• Prepare a written report at the end of camp with recommendations for future improvements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Camp Director.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org