Bakers at Yawgoog Scout Reservation play a vital role in our program, as making sure that scouts are well feed allows them to actively participate in all of our activities. Bakers are responsible for food preparation and baking of cakes, cornbread, cookies and other baked goods. Bakers must also work with the food service director and warehouse staff to ensure that all ingredients and supplies are present in their kitchen.
Bakers are expected to set an example for the rest of their staff as it comes to work ethic. With hundreds of people to be fed each meal, efficiency and hard work are necessities to providing our high-quality dining experience. As a result of the baker setting this standard, the kitchen grows into a strong team over the course of the summer.
1. Provide an effective leadership presence and example to the Scouts, leaders, and your fellow staff.
2. Be able to communicate effectively with the Council and Camp Staff.
3. Communicate effectively with your staff regarding performance of their job.
4. Be able to prepare a meal, including lifting a 40lb pot of water, bread palettes, a milk crate with 9 1/2 gal. containers therein, etc.
5. Use proper safety in use of ovens, stoves, griddles, and kitchen equipment such as the hot water supply and dishwasher
1. To be responsible for the storage and preparation of all baked goods
2. To be responsible for the overall operation of the kitchen staff and kitchen to include the appearance and sanitary conditions.
3. Supervise the serving of Pizza on Sundays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com