As a member of the kitchen staff at Yawgoog Scout Reservation, you play an important role in the operation of camp. From preparing food to keeping the kitchen clean, our staff provide professional level service that keeps our scouts and attendees happy and healthy. This job provides great experience for anyone looking to pursue a culinary career at any level.
Kitchen staff will arrive at work earlier than most staff in order to prepare for breakfast. Depending on the dish being served, the staff will either eat before or after each meal. As the day continues, staff will alternate between serving meals to doing prep work for future meals as well as cleaning dishes from the previous meal. Kitchen staff receive breaks between each meal and are dismissed when work for the day is done.
The kitchens at Yawgoog are a fast paced, close knit team that rewards hard work with fun. Each member supports the other and takes pride in being flexible with whatever responsibility they are tasked with on a given day. As a result, each kitchen becomes a cohesive unit over the course of the summer and continuously improves their efficiency. Lead by the kitchen manager and the cook, the kitchen staff form the backbone of camp in what has been called the most important program center.
1. Provide an effective leadership presence and example to the Scouts, leaders, and your fellow staff.
2. Be able to communicate effectively with the Council and Camp Staff.
3. Be able to inspect your camp and camp staff in order to solve any problems that may arise.
4. Be able to assist in the preparation of a meal, including lifting a 40lb pot of water, bread palettes, a milk crate with 9 1/2 gal. containers therein, etc.
5. Use proper safety in use of ovens, stoves, griddles, and kitchen equipment such as the hot water supply and dishwasher.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com