The Webelos Outdoor Adventure program is a such sub-division of our provisional department, which offers overnight camping to both first year Webelos and Arrow of Lights. The Webelos who stay with us are primarily members of packs that associate with a troop that comes to camp. This is their first opportunity to stay at Yawgoog and get a taste of everything we have to offer. Between trips to the Nature Center for hikes and daily visits to our waterfront, this department requires staff who can help facilitate a wide variety of programs while also looking after the 9- and 10-year-olds who are staying at camp.
The Webelos director must be 21+ years old, as they serve as the adult supervision in the campsite alongside volunteer leaders who are attending for the week. The director must both manage their staff and the schedule of the participants. They also communicate with the various program centers their participants attend and work in harmony with the respective center director. The Webelos director also reports any issues with campers to the Camp Director.
1. Be able to communicate effectively with the Council and Camp Staff.
2. Provide an effective leadership presence and example to the Scouts, leaders, and your fellow staff.
3. Communicate effectively with your scoutmaster regarding your personal growth and any problems that you may have.
4. Be able to inspect your campsite in order to solve any problems that may arise.
1. Assist in the leadership if the troop assigned as requested by the Scoutmaster (SM)
3. Help with camp activities as requested by the SM.
5. Be prepared to assume other duties, as assigned, if services are not needed during a particular week or weeks as Assistant Scoutmaster, Junior Assistant Scoutmaster, or Senior Patrol Leader.
As with all other staff at Yawgoog, provisional staff have the same access to a variety of benefits that enhance the job experience. This includes scholarship opportunities, with the top prizes being $2,500. Staff at Yawgoog also have the chance to go on nights out and participate in fun staff activities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com