Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, the Goshen Scout Reservation is home to 5 resident (overnight) summer camps; 3 Scouts BSA (serving youth ages 11 – 18), 1 Webelos and Arrow of Light (serving youth ages 9 – 11), and 1 High Adventure Base (serving youth ages 13 – 20). Goshen Scout Reservation’s mission is to provide exceptional outdoor program opportunities for all members of the scouting community, and in doing so, will attract the very best camp staff and organize world class programs that always exceed our customer’s expectations.
Instructors are responsible to the Area Director for the instruction of programs at Webelos resident camps at Goshen Scout Reservation in accordance with the policies and standards of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) and National Capital Area Council (NCAC).
- Under the supervision of the Area Director, run program area activities in an exciting and passionate manner. At a Webelos camp, this may include Webelos and Arrow of Light Adventures in addition to general activities.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of lesson and activity plans for all activities that are assigned. Lesson and activity plans should be easy to comprehend and cover any necessary requirements.
- Maintain strict discipline at all times when campers, leaders, and other staff are in the area.
- Assist in the proper care, storage, and maintenance of all program and camp equipment.
- Inform the Area Director of any program supply needs.
- Assist in the set-up and take-down of all program areas and campsite facilities.
- Under the direction of the Camp Commissioner(s), act as a Site Guide for a unit. Help introduce them to camp, answer questions, and be a liaison between the unit and the commissioners throughout their week to help them have a successful week in their campsite.
- Exemplify the Scout Oath and Law. Support Boy Scouts of America (BSA) policies and the Aims and Methods of Scouting. Strive to provide a program that is exciting, dynamic and appealing to today’s youth; that meets the needs of the youth and the units attending camp; and that is fun and safe.
- Support and participate in area and camp wide programs, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Director, Program Director, or Camp Director.
June 15 – August 6, 2024, based on registration.
Instructors report to the Area Director, and will work collaboratively with individuals and groups including, but not limited to, the camp administration, food service and kitchen staff, Camp Staff, scout volunteers, and parents.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Must be able to register as a member of the BSA and submit to a background check. Must complete all Youth Protection Training courses and adhere to incident reporting guidelines.
The employee will be paid a seasonal salary starting at $125.00 per week for the duration of the summer season. All room and board that is provided is in addition to this salary. This position is exempt from the minimum wage-maximum hours provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
How to apply: Apply online at www.gotogoshen.org/staff.
To apply for this job please visit www.gotogoshen.org.