GOSHEN SCOUT RESERVATION | CAMP OLMSTED, CAMP BOWMAN, CAMP MARRIOTT
The Goshen Scout Reservation is hiring seasonal summer camp staff to work at the Aquatics program area, including activities such as swimming, kayaking, canoeing, motor boating, water skiing, and more on a 450 acre lake!
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, the Goshen Scout Reservation is home to 5 Scout Summer Camps: 3 Scouts BSA Resident Camps, 1 Webelos/AOL Resident Camp, and 1 High Adventure Base.
Camp Olmsted, Camp Bowman, and Camp Marriott are the 3 Scouts BSA Camps at GSR, each offering a wide variety of merit badge programs in areas including aquatics, shooting sports, handicraft, scoutcraft, ecology, and more! Learn about Each GSR camp and their unique program opportunities at www.gotogoshen.org/about.
Goshen Scout Reservation is committed to providing a program to youth and adult campers that is both exciting and comprehensive in knowledge. Our staff teach essential skills that create a foundation for the scouting program. As a staff member, you will have many opportunities to make lasting impressions on the campers and show them the wonders of the outdoors!
Dates of Employment
June 15, 2024 – July 30, 2024*
*Select Area Director positions may be asked to begin June 8, 2024.
Work weeks last Sunday – Friday, with one night off during the week, and Saturday morning to Sunday morning off following camper departure.
Qualifications for Aquatics Staff Members
All Aquatics Staff
- Exemplify the Scout Oath and Law. Support Boy Scouts of America (BSA) policies and the Aims and Methods of Scouting. Strive to provide a program that is exciting, dynamic and appealing to today’s youth; that meets the needs of the youth and the units attending camp; and that is fun and safe.
- Under the supervision of the Area Director, teach merit badge programs in an exciting and passionate manner.
- Maintain strict discipline at all times when campers, leaders, and other staff are in the area.
- Assist in the set-up and take-down of all program areas and campsite facilities.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of lesson and activity plans for all activities that are assigned. Lesson and activity plans should be easy to comprehend and cover any necessary requirements.
- Assist in the proper care, storage, and maintenance of all program and camp equipment.
- Under the direction of the Camp Commissioner(s), act as a Site Guide for a unit. Help introduce them to camp, answer questions, and be a liaison between the unit and the commissioners throughout their week to help them have a successful week in their campsite.
- Must be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, or willing to become registered.
- Be willing to complete all required BSA trainings prior to the start of the summer season.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Hold a current ARC Lifeguard certification or BSA Lifeguard certification OR be willing to obtain as part of staff training.
- Hold a current ARC First Aid and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers OR be willing to obtain as part of staff training.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Hold a current ARC Lifeguard certification or BSA Lifeguard certification OR be willing to obtain prior to the beginning of the summer season.
- Hold a current ARC First Aid and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers OR be willing to obtain prior to the beginning of the summer season.
- Hold a current Aquatics Instructor Certification from a BSA National Camping School or be willing to obtain prior to the beginning of the summer season.
To apply for this job please visit www.gotogoshen.org.