Lenhok’sin High Adventure is a High Adventure Base located at the Goshen Scout Reservation in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Goshen, VA. Operated by National Capital Area Council of the Boy Scout of America, Lenhok’sin offers week long backpacking and canoeing treks with high adventure program opportunities including caving, ropes courses, black powder rifle shooting, blacksmithing, and more. For more information, visit www.gotogoshen.org/lenhoksin.
The Caving Outpost Assistant is responsible to the Caving Outpost Director for assisting in the coordination and operation of caving programs at Lenhok’sin High Adventure in accordance with the policies and standards of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) and National Capital Area Council (NCAC).
- Assist the Caving Director in providing caving/spelunking tours to Lenhok’sin High Adventure participants, including topics on cave safety, cave formation and science, and leave no trace.
- Maintain strict discipline at all times when campers, leaders, and other staff are in the area.
- Assist in the proper care, storage, and maintenance of all program and camp equipment.
- Assist in the set-up and take-down of all program areas and campsite facilities.
- Exemplify the Scout Oath and Law. Support Boy Scouts of America (BSA) policies and the Aims and Methods of Scouting. Strive to provide a program that is exciting, dynamic and appealing to today’s youth; that meets the needs of the youth and the units attending camp; and that is fun and safe.
- Support and participate in area and camp wide programs, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Director, Program Director, or Camp Director.
June 15 to July 30, 2024, based on registration.
The Caving Outpost Assistant reports to the Caving Outpost Director and will work collaboratively with individuals and groups including, but not limited to, the camp administration, Camp Staff, scout volunteers, and parents.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, or willing to become registered.
- Be physically able to act quickly in emergencies, effectively communicate, and clearly understand oral and written communications.
- Willing to complete a variety of other BSA trainings (included but not limited to Youth Protection Training and Weather Hazards).
The employee will be paid a seasonal salary starting at $209.00 per week for the duration of the summer season. All room and board that is provided is in addition to this salary. This position is exempt from the minimum wage-maximum hours provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
How to apply: Apply online at www.gotogoshen.org/staff.
To apply for this job please visit www.gotogoshen.org.