Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, the Goshen Scout Reservation is home to 5 resident (overnight) summer camps; 3 Scouts BSA (serving youth ages 11 – 18), 1 Webelos and Arrow of Light (serving youth ages 9 – 11), and 1 High Adventure Base (serving youth ages 13 – 20). Goshen Scout Reservation’s mission is to provide exceptional outdoor program opportunities for all members of the scouting community, and in doing so, will attract the very best camp staff and organize world class programs that always exceed our customer’s expectations.
The Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible to the Camping Specialist and often works in coordination with the Retail Director and retail team.
- Collect and organize photographs and video footage at the various camps for camp promotional materials.
- Make frequent social media posts promoting all camps on the Goshen Scout Reservation social media platforms.
- Assist the Camping Specialist, Reservation Director, and Camp Directors with customer service and camp communication. Answer basic questions primarily via email for unit leaders, parents, and campers.
- Staff shifts at the Memorial Trading Post under the direction of the Retail Director.
- Assist with administrative and operational responsibilities, including but not limited to printing and photocopy services, support tasks and errands on and off camp property, camp staff onboarding, and office supply management.
- Assist in the set-up and teardown of camp facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The onsite duties will be from June 8 – August 6, 2024, based on registration.
The Communications and Marketing Officer reports to the Camping Specialist and will work collaboratively with the internal and external individuals and groups including, but not limited to, the NCAC Camping Department; the NCAC Marketing Department; the administrative, retail, and medical personnel at Camp Post; Camp Directors at the Goshen Scout Reservation camps; scout volunteers; and parents.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to register as a member of the BSA and submit to a background check. Must complete all Youth Protection Training courses and adhere to incident reporting guidelines.
- Must have a working vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. Fuel will be provided for camp required usage of vehicle.
- Must have a phone or camera that takes pictures of a reasonable quality.
- The position requires living onsite for the duration of the summer camping season. Housing is provided in the form of a shared cabin. Most meals are provided during the duration of the summer camp.
The employee will be paid a seasonal salary starting at $300 per week for the duration of the summer season. All room and board is provided in addition to this salary. This position is exempt from the minimum wage-maximum hours provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.gotogoshen.org/staff
To apply for this job please visit www.gotogoshen.org.