GOSHEN SCOUT RESERVATION | CAMP OLMSTED, CAMP BOWMAN, CAMP MARRIOTT
The Goshen Scout Reservation is hiring seasonal summer camp Trading Post Managers!
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, the Goshen Scout Reservation is home to 5 Scout Summer Camps: 3 Scouts BSA Resident Camps, 1 Webelos/AOL Resident Camp, and 1 High Adventure Base.
Camp Olmsted, Camp Bowman, and Camp Marriott are the 3 Scouts BSA Camps at GSR, each offering a wide variety of merit badge programs in areas including aquatics, shooting sports, handicraft, scoutcraft, ecology, and more! Learn about Each GSR camp and their unique program opportunities at www.gotogoshen.org/about.
Goshen Scout Reservation is committed to providing a program to youth and adult campers that is both exciting and comprehensive in knowledge. Our staff teach essential skills that create a foundation for the scouting program. As a staff member, you will have many opportunities to make lasting impressions on the campers and show them the wonders of the outdoors!
Dates of Employment
June 15, 2024 – July 30, 2024*
*Select Area Director positions may be asked to begin June 8, 2024. The Camp Ross Trading Post Manager employment ends 08/03/2024.
Work weeks last Sunday – Friday, with one night off during the week, and Saturday morning to Sunday morning off following camper departure.
Qualifications for Trading Post Managers
- Preferred 18 years of age or older. Age exceptions may be made for exceptional candidates.
- Ensure the Trading Post is ready for daily operations, is efficiently laid out, clean, and well-stocked.
- Provide exemplary customer service by actively engaging with all youth and adult participants.
- Record sales and receipts using the provided computerized system as required by the Camp Director, Retail Director and National Capital Area Council.
- Advise the Camp Director and Retail Director of any discrepancies in inventory or sales receipts.Secure Trading Post when not open for business.
- Follow cash management procedures per the Goshen Scout Reservation and National Capital Area Council. Ensure cash and receipts are secure.
- Maintain current and accurate inventories of the Trading Post merchandise in collaboration with the Retail Director.
- Assist in the set up and takedown of program equipment.
- Support and participate in camp wide programs, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director and Retail Director.
- Exemplify the Scout Oath and Law. Support Boy Scouts of America (BSA) policies and the Aims and Methods of Scouting. Strive to provide a program that is exciting, dynamic and appealing to today’s youth; that meets the needs of the youth and the units attending camp; and that is fun and safe.
- Maintain strict discipline at all times when campers, leaders, and other staff are in the area.
- Assist in the set-up and take-down of all program areas and campsite facilities.
- Must be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, or willing to become registered.
- Be willing to complete all required BSA trainings prior to the start of the summer season.
To apply for this job please visit www.gotogoshen.org.