Reports to: Business Manager Director
Must be a member of the Boy Scouts of America
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must have a certificate in Safe Serve
Must be able to work well with camp staff, campers, and leaders
Must abide by the Scout Oath and Law
Supervises the operation, budget, and management of the kitchen and dining room.
- Is responsible for the supervision, training, motivation of staff in skills needed.
- Is responsible for planning a nourishing meal daily.
- Is responsible for serving meals on time daily as directed by camp schedule.
- Is responsible for ordering food and supplies through approved vendors.
- Is responsible for assuring the health and safety during food preparation and clean up.
- Is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, dining room, and outside areas.
- Is responsible for additional meals such as cracker barrels, high adventure meals, etc.
- Is responsible for working with campers with special needs.
- Is responsible for the maintenance, inventory, and use of all equipment assigned.
- Is responsible for the set-up and break-down of the kitchen and dining room.
- Is responsible for submitting staff appraisals as requested by management.
- Is responsible for wearing the correct uniform at all times.
- Is responsible for submitting a complete inventory of all equipment, to include the serviceable condition of each and recommendations for replacements and any other supplies needed for next year, along with any suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure all BSA National Standards are met by following all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to Inga.Glaspey@nfcbsa.org