Employment from June 5 through August 3, 2024. willing to attend BSA national camp school or hold a current BSA National Camp School certification in Outdoor Skills. Internship possible.
1. Oversee the operation of the COSA Area. Provide positive training for Scouts and adult leaders
in outdoor living skills, camping, cooking, pioneering.
2. Maintain safety throughout the area. Inspect pioneering projects daily for damage and
3. Account for all equipment in the COSA area.
4. Keep all COSA equipment in good working condition. Tag all broken equipment and set it
aside. Check axes frequently for loose heads and cracked handles.
5. Supervise the instruction of merit badges in the area. Make certain that counselors are
competent in the skills they are teaching. Provide additional training if needed.
6. Promote opportunities for short-term pioneering projects to be built in the Scoutcraft area and
in troop campsites.
7. Coordinate Camping Outposts each week, including menu planning, insuring safety, and
insuring high camper morale. Adhere to all BSA Regulations.
8. Coordinate Fire Safety Outpost, including being the liaison between Pioneer Scout Reservation
and the Pioneer Fire Department. Insure licensed and insured 21+ drivers are available for
9. Insist on the Buddy System in all activities.
10. Maintain an accurate Model Campsite for the camp to observe and interact.
11. Be an enthusiastic key leader of the entire camp staff – work closely with the Camp Director
and other key leaders in providing positive leadership to the staff. Assist the Program Director
in planning and implementing staff morale boosters.
12. Make certain that all BSA National Standards are adhered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com