The seasonal Climbing Director oversees the safe operation and delivery of the camp’s climbing and rappelling program for youth 11-17. Massawepie Scout Camps features a 30-foot artificial climbing wall and a natural rockface. Massawepie is located just west of Tupper Lake, NY and serves 2000 campers a summer.
On-site housing and food is provided for the duration of the season.
Oversees climbing instruction (following the BSA Climbing merit badge requirements) and other special climbing programs.
Supervises and trains 2-3 program staff in climbing skills.
Ensures that program area and equipment (including ropes, helmets, and climbing hardware) are kept clean, well-maintained, and appropriately stocked, and that appropriate records and logs are kept
- At least 21 years of age.
- Physical ability to climb.
- Availability for the entire season of June 25-August 16, 2023.
- Additionally, availability to attend a week-long National Camping School training prior to season start.
- Must become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America and pass a criminal background check as part of the hiring process.
- Experience in rock climbing, ropes course operation, or working with youth preferred.
Contact Reservation Director at Brendan.Flaherty@scouting.org with inquiries
To apply for this job please visit 247scouting.com.